So, last year was a bust, here's my updated To Do list for 2017. Sorta sucks that I only managed to really scratch one item off the list. But hey, I did at least see a trail!
- Centre the steering wheel.
- Despite my best efforts last year (July 2015), my steering wheel is still slightly off to the left. Annoying, yet easy to fix.
- Front Fender repair.
- As anyone with a TJ can tell you, the damn fenders just rot away into nothing. Mine are patched together with left over duct work and rivets. This is the year I take advantage of a brakepress and metal shear to cut me some new fender tops.
Front extended flares. Thanks to changes in the MTO's vehicle safety standards, my front tires need full tread coverage. I blame the MTO, but in reality, I'm tired of the dirt and mud sprayed up the side of my Jeep due to the front tires. Rear turn signals Again, thanks MTO. The previous owner of my Jeep flush mounted the taillights, and under the new rules, I require a visible rear turn signal on the side of the Jeep. Already got the lights, just need the weather. Need new taillights since mine rotted out inside. May go back to stock housings and lose the flush mount
- Battery Lug Replacement.
- Thanks to Dave at the Redneck Garage, I splurged on some new battery lugs. Shouldn't be too difficult to install them.
- Removable Mud Flaps.
- Going to fab something up for the rear to keep Johnny Law from getting too interested in my "Excessive Road Spray"
- Electric Radiator Fan.
- Been sitting in my garage for two years now. Maybe I should install it. At least I wired the switch into the cab already.
- New Fan Belt.
- Rear Diff Service.
- Bought some Royal Purple max gear oil to change up the rear to see if it makes a difference on the Detroit unloading. Just gotta do it.
- Transmission Service
- Picking up some Redline MT-90, 'cause I hear it makes the AX-5 smooth as butter.
- Delrin Bushing for my Tire Carrier
- I run a pipe on a bolt tire carrier (homemade) and it could use a bushing in there. Gong to try and source some Delrin to use.
- Emergency Rear Axle Retainer.
- Got a thought on something that'll hold my axle together should I snap a shaft in the Dana 35c.
Aim Headlight and Fog Lights. Pretty self explanatory. Just need a nice warm night Got new wiring on it's way in to make lights brighter (https://goo.gl/HFVs9V). So aiming will be a bigger priority
- New Winch Cable
- Again, pretty self explanatory.
- Missing bolt in Winch
- Snapped a bolt that holds the gear housing on. Has been fine for years. One of these days I'll head to Bolts+ and get a replacement.
- Jerrycan and Mount
- Hi-Lift Mount.
- See above. One day
- Lockable storage
- Now that I have a kid, and need all the seats in, I need to build a new locking storage box for behind the back seat. Has to work with the CJ tailgate on the Jeep.
- Hitch mounted vice.
- I have a spare vice, I have spare 2"x2" square tube. I need to merge the two to have a vice that can travel with me.
Also, I plan to be on the trail more this year. Either doing some overland travel to awesome camp sites, or just packing up and running some trails a couple hours from home.
Also big this year, is planning my 2018 trip to Moab. Yeah, you heard me, Moab. It's my 40th birthday gift from my wife to our family. We're travelling 6000 kms (3728 miles) round trip to go from Ontario to Utah to experience Moab. I'll update the site with my planning and thoughts through the year.