2017 continued to be a bit of a bust for Jeep stuff. At least I did get out on the trails and did do a little tent camping in the backwoods.
- Centre the steering wheel.
- Despite my best efforts last year (July 2015), my steering wheel is still slightly off to the left. Annoying, yet easy to fix.
- Front Fender repair.
- Bought new fenders. Done messing with this one
Front extended flares. Thanks to changes in the MTO's vehicle safety standards, my front tires need full tread coverage. I blame the MTO, but in reality, I'm tired of the dirt and mud sprayed up the side of my Jeep due to the front tires. Rear turn signals Again, thanks MTO. The previous owner of my Jeep flush mounted the taillights, and under the new rules, I require a visible rear turn signal on the side of the Jeep. Already got the lights, just need the weather. Need new taillights since mine rotted out inside. May go back to stock housings and lose the flush mount
- Battery Lug Replacement.
- Thanks to Dave at the Redneck Garage, I splurged on some new battery lugs. Shouldn't be too difficult to install them.
- Removable Mud Flaps.
- Going to fab something up for the rear to keep Johnny Law from getting too interested in my "Excessive Road Spray"
- Electric Radiator Fan.
- Been sitting in my garage for three years now. Maybe I should install it. At least I wired the switch into the cab already.
- New Fan Belt.
- Rear Diff Service.
- Bought some Royal Purple max gear oil to change up the rear to see if it makes a difference on the Detroit unloading. Just gotta do it.
- Transmission Service
- Picking up some Redline MT-90, 'cause I hear it makes the AX-5 smooth as butter.
- Delrin Bushing for my Tire Carrier
- I run a pipe on a bolt tire carrier (homemade) and it could use a bushing in there. Gong to try and source some Delrin to use.
- Emergency Rear Axle Retainer.
- Got a thought on something that'll hold my axle together should I snap a shaft in the Dana 35c.
Aim Headlight and Fog Lights. Pretty self explanatory. Just need a nice warm night Got new wiring on it's way in to make lights brighter (https://goo.gl/HFVs9V). So aiming will be a bigger priority
- New Winch Cable
- Again, pretty self explanatory.
- Missing bolt in Winch
- Snapped a bolt that holds the gear housing on. Has been fine for years. One of these days I'll head to Bolts+ and get a replacement.
- Jerrycan and Mount
- Hi-Lift Mount.
- See above. One day
- Lockable storage
- Now that I have a kid, and need all the seats in, I need to build a new locking storage box for behind the back seat. Has to work with the CJ tailgate on the Jeep.
- Hitch mounted vice.
- I have a spare vice, I have spare 2"x2" square tube. I need to merge the two to have a vice that can travel with me.
Definitely getting out on the trails more. Camping and maybe a new tent are in order!
Also big this year, is trip to Moab. Yeah, you heard me, Moab. It's my 40th birthday gift from my wife to our family. Looks like the plan is to fly out, rent a Jeep and fly home. The logistics of getting my Jeep and family out there were costly. As much as I'd love to wheel my own Jeep there, this isn't the trip for it.